• April 20, 2024 at 5:19 pm #235793
    Marc Henshall
    Keymaster

Hey folks! Did you go to Record Store Day? If so, what did you buy? If not, what was your reason? I decided to stay home in the end and save my money for a used record fair tomorrow. Plus I had the kids with me – haha!

April 20, 2024 at 8:21 pm #235838
    Gerhard
    Participant

Yep! I went to three local shops in my hometown today. Picked up Pearl Jam’s standard black version of “Dark Matter”, OMD’s “Junk Culture Demos and rarities” and Donna Summer’s “Many States Of Independence”. I also wanted the 4LP boxset by Linda Ronstadt “The Asylum Years” but none of the shops had it. This year was the first since a couple of years I did buy some RSD-releases because most of the years/drops there’s nothing on the list that interests me. No criticism, just a matter of personal taste that obviously differs from what record companies think most people like. Oh, and I chose record store day over a record fair held in a place nearby. Now I’m not so sure if I had made the right decision…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Gerhard.
    April 22, 2024 at 10:14 am #236000
    Marc Henshall
    Keymaster

@gerhard – great! Sounds like you had a good day. I had family commitments in the end. Probably for the best as I’ll use the money I would’ve spent on some nice pre-loved records instead 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.